VACANCY: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Position Location: The position is located at UWOCASO offices in Kampala.
Duration: 12 months with potential of extension based on availability of funding.
Qualification: Degree in related field including but not limited to Commerce, Accounting and Finance, Business Administration. Diploma/certificate in Office Management, Finance basic level professional training (level I ACCA, CPA) is of added advantage.
Minimum of 2 years work experience in finance and administration or similar position.
The Finance & Administration Officer (FAO) will be responsible for all financial and related administrative matters of UWOCASO, and will report to, and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Board to develop and strengthen strategies relating to finance management across the organisation. The FAO shall at all time act in accordance with UWOCASO’S constitution and current policies.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Overall responsibility for all aspects of financial management and control.
• Effective financial reporting in a timely, accurate, relevant and informative manner.
• Responsible for all book keeping, preparation of vouchers and verification of supporting documents paying attention to ensure legal, accounting practice and standards are met before payments are made.
• Ensure all transactions are entered into the accounting software.
• Lead in Budget planning and control as per work plan and projects
• Prepare accurate financial statements in accordance with the Internationally Accepted Financial Reporting Standards.
• In accordance with organisational procedures, collate and document in a usable format, financial information and documentation for reporting to the Board and institutional donors.
• Set up, maintain and follow robust procedures in the (or, follow strictly organisational practice and procedures) preparation of a comprehensive, accurate payroll, including PAYE and NSSF; and any other statutory deductions due in the employment of staff to the organization.
• Working in liaison with the CEO to provide assistance, as may be directed or necessary, during the internal and external Audits.
• Prepare monthly bank and cashbook reconciliations in a timely manner.
• Managing UWOCASO’s subscription fees in a manner that promotes transparency, effective communication with members and fosters excellent relationships.
• Oversight and regular update of the Fixed Asset Register
• Ensure proper maintenance of office and care of assets.
• Managing office petty cash float in accordance with UWOCASO finance and procurement manual.
• Set up and maintain systems to ensure the safe custody of the Safe keys and cheque books.
• Ensuring indexed filling system of all office documents
• The monitoring usage of office and stationery supplies.
• Support staff and update on financial matters.
• Any other duties within the realm of a position at this level, as may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor
• Knowledge and competence of working in a busy working environment; able to effectively manage a number of tasks, to completion, on a regular basis.
• Knowledge and abilities to coordinate the efficient management of financial information; data collection, maintenance and storage.
• ability to create efficient and easy to use storage and filing systems
• Excellent communication and inter personal skills.
• Knowledge of quick books is an added advantage
About Uganda Women’s Cancer Support Organisation (UWOCASO)
UWOCASO is an organization is a registered NGO and a membership organisation of women who survived cancer. UWOCASO was started with an objective of raising awareness so that women can adopt practices of breast self examination, regular screening and reporting early for treatment. In addition it was created to offer psycho-social support to cancer patients and their families experiencing cancer. UWOCASO, a network of cancer survivors focuses on empowering women at risk of and /or living with cancer, their families and the community through provision of appropriate and evidence based information and best practices, making a difference in the life of patients fighting cancer with a goal of reducing the female cancer burden in Uganda.
How to apply: Interested candidates can apply through email@example.com, or hand deliver your application together with academic testimonials to The Chief Executive Officer Uganda Women’s Cancer Support Organisation plot M3 Suuna Road Stretcher Ntinda. P. O.Box 33256 Kampala Uganda.
Please note the deadline for receiving application is 5.00pm, 20th, October 2017